July 20, 2016

MY FIRST ATTEMPTS AT MAKING REPURPOSED DENIM BAGS


I have been soooo busy trying to create affordable products. And have failed basically. It takes four to eight hours on average to make the child and small to medium adult bags. 20+ hours if it is a custom tote or bag with lots of pockets and zippers.

You-Tube has inspired me quite a bit. Pinterest, Etsy and Ebay are other sources of inspiration. I have watched numerous videos on repurposed items. Thus, I've tried my hand at reusing denim jeans and jackets, etc. 

----------------------------------------

This bag I wanted to keep for myself.
Once I put it up for sale (locally) it sold really fast! 


 
[SCG CRAFTS, LLC]  ADULT 'REPURPOSED DENIM' BAG 1  [FRONT]




[SCG CRAFTS, LLC]  ADULT 'REPURPOSED DENIM' BAG 1  [BACK]

 
 The lining was a soft suede-like fabric. 
I chose a metallic gold and purple stripe fabric for the pocket lining. I'm certain the linings sealed the deal.
 

[SCG CRAFTS, LLC]  ADULT 'REPURPOSED DENIM' BAG 1  [INTERIOR 1]



[SCG CRAFTS, LLC]  ADULT 'REPURPOSED DENIM' BAG 1  [INTERIOR 2]

 

Below is my Margaret Bag utilizing repurposed denim
and the same bag and pocket linings as above. 
This one sold even quicker than its predecessor.



[SCG CRAFTS, LLC]  ADULT 'REPURPOSED DENIM' BAG 2  [FRONT]


[SCG CRAFTS, LLC]  ADULT 'REPURPOSED DENIM' BAG 2  [SIDE]



[SCG CRAFTS, LLC]  ADULT 'REPURPOSED DENIM' BAG 2  [BOTTOM]



[SCG CRAFTS, LLC]  ADULT 'REPURPOSED DENIM' BAG 2  [BACK]



Until next post, have a wonderful day!




LAST UPDATED:  July 25, 2016

Silk City Girl Crafts, LLC
Silk City Girl
SCG Crafts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!