July 20, 2016

VARIATIONS ON MY MARGARET BAG DESIGN



My most popular bag design 
is what I call the Margaret Bag.

I have a zillion variations of it, 
ranging from a child's bag to an adult version
and applique and ruffles, and on and on.

I made the ruffles from an old skirt or dress, 
the red, blue and white trim came from 
Unique Thrift Store in Elizabeth, NJ,
 and the short, red handle came as part of 
a set from some forgotten catalog.


[SCG CRAFTS]   MARGARET BAG WITH RUFFLES  [FRONT]



[SCG CRAFTS]   MARGARET BAG WITH RUFFLES  [BACK]

[SCG CRAFTS]   MARGARET BAG WITH RUFFLES  [BOTTOM]

[SCG CRAFTS]   MARGARET BAG WITH RUFFLES  [INTERIOR 1]


[SCG CRAFTS]   MARGARET BAG WITH RUFFLES  [INTERIOR 2]


[SCG CRAFTS]   MARGARET BAG WITH RUFFLES  [HANDLE]


I recently made the following bag for a girl 
about age seven or so. 

But upon showing the bag to several adult females, 
they thought it could also function well 
as a clutch (minus the strap).

In creating designs, I never really know
how  the bag will be used or to what age group 
the bag will find a market. Love that!


[SCG CRAFTS]   CHILD OR ADULT BAG  [FRONT]


A Customer suggested that I could 
remove the strap and sell it as a clutch bag
 to adults. Hmmm, liking that idea. . . .


[SCG CRAFTS]   CHILD OR ADULT BAG  [BACK]

[SCG CRAFTS]   CHILD OR ADULT BAG  [INTERIOR]



LAST UPDATED:  July 25, 2016

Silk City Girl Crafts, LLC
Silk City Girl
SCG Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!